Alera Group, Inc.
The Corporate Paralegal will provide general paralegal and project management support to the Alera Group legal department. This position will report to the Senior Paralegal of Alera Group, Inc. and will be located in either Deerfield, Illinois or downtown Chicago, Illinois.
Alera Group is an independent, national insurance and financial services firm created through the merger of like-minded, high-performing, entrepreneurial firms across the United States.
Why work with Alera Group? Because we provide the best of both worlds – national scope combined with local service. Our mission is to transform the client experience by providing a greater depth and breadth of resources, innovative thinking and constant collaboration, while maintaining strong local relationships.
The Corporate Paralegal will be responsible for the following:
- General legal department administrative tasks including, but not limited to, scheduling, calendaring, managing legal department deadlines and maintenance of corporate records.
- Basic contract review and drafting, document management and tracking, along with drafting corporate governance documents and cover letters.
- Assisting with entity compliance matters, including assembling applications for entity qualifications, filing annual reports and drafting basic compliance policies and procedures.
Receiving and timely responding to a variety of inquiries from internal clients and regulators.
- Performing basic legal research and tracking legislative updates.
- Supporting M&A transactions, including drafting ancillary agreements, coordinating closings and creating closing sets.
- Assisting with corporate litigation, including monitoring dockets, discovery review, response to subpoena requests, as well as investigation and reporting of pre-litigated claims.
Bachelor’s degree (required) and paralegal certificate (preferred).
At least 3 years work experience as a paralegal or legal assistant. Law firm or insurance industry experience preferred, but not required. Experience supporting and closing transactions is also preferred, but not required.
Please apply directly to:
To apply for this job please visit careers-aleragroup.icims.com.