The Litigation Services Paralegal job family supports the efficient operation of the Law & Regulation (L&R) Litigation Services department by applying knowledge of legal concepts and processes. Under the direction of the department’s attorneys, supports the management of insurance defense and tort litigation/dispute work and related issues/matters.
Provides paralegal support for Litigation Services attorneys. Prepares pleadings and motions. Under general attorney supervision, facilitates the discovery process, including: obtaining records, reviewing documents, interviewing clients, preparing trial materials, and summarizing and analyzing research Identifies, summarizes, and monitors relevant issues.
- Review new file assignments, draft initial pleadings (e.g. answer, motion, etc.), and draft discovery
- Prepare brief to assist client in presenting case in small claims court
- Draft responses to discovery demands
- Assist clients in answering questions regarding discovery
- Review and serve responses to discovery demands
- Assist attorney in preparing materials for trial, arbitration or mediation
- Assist with the identification and summarizing of relevant issues; continually monitor issues and update attorney, as appropriate
- Review new and proposed legislation and determine applicability
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field; American Bar Association (ABA) approved Paralegal Certificate
- Insurance-industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of legal holds and discovery processes
- Analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to identify, prioritize and solve problems effectively regarding basic matters
- Ability to work in diverse, multi-office, and long distance environments
- Basic budget management skills and ability to reconcile expense reports
- Basic project management skills and experience interacting with law firm/vendors
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Basic researching, proofreading, and formatting skills
- Ability to collaborate and interact with all levels of personnel and build strong relationships with business colleagues
- High degree of ethics and integrity
- Strong interpersonal skills, advanced written and oral communication and effective customer service skills
- Ability to identify inconsistencies in routine work and initiate corrective action within own workflow
- Able to deliver results with a sense of urgency
- Adapts well to change; able to multi-task and make effective decisions in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Is a proactive self-starter who is able to manage his/her time effectively and work independently
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Visit this link for additional information and to apply:
To apply for this job please visit career8.successfactors.com.