Website American Property Casualty Insurance Association
Position Title: Paralegal
Type: Full-Time Non-Exempt
This position supports the Legal General Counsel, Legal Assistant Vice President, Compliance Counsel, and other in-house attorneys in the areas of lobbying and campaign finance compliance. Additionally, performs assigned ad hoc legal research regarding a variety of complex topics and drafts legal memos for APCIA’s in-house attorneys in response to member inquiries and efforts to execute APCIA’s priority Strategic Goals.
This position is located in Chicago, IL or Washington, DC
• Support the Legal Assistant Vice President, Compliance Counsel in the area of campaign finance and lobbying compliance.
• Independently gather information required and timely file required campaign finance and political compliance disclosure reports.
• Support the Legal Assistant Vice President, Compliance Counsel on other corporate compliance issues and develop compliance expertise as required.
• Support other Legal department attorneys as required.
• Perform assigned legal research of documents, case law, statutes, regulations, or other sources of fact and/or law on insurance law and a variety of other complex topics.
• Research and draft written updates for a variety of 50 state compilations of insurance law and other ad hoc issues as assigned.
• Draft and publish Litigation Bulletins that accurately reflect the law and are targeted at the appropriate audience.
• Undergraduate degree and paralegal certification.
• 3 or more years of paralegal experience with increasing responsibility.
• Ability to interpret and explain case law, statutes, and regulations.
• Vital research, writing, organizational, and oral communication skills.
• Ability to move between projects quickly and meet filing and publication deadlines.
• Insurance industry/corporate legal knowledge preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of the state/federal legislative and regulatory process
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Good teamwork/collaboration skills.
• Ability to work independently with limited daily supervision.
• Demonstrated success in independently tracking and meeting legal deadlines.
• Collaborative team player.
• Ability to move quickly between projects.
• Legal issue identification.
• Good judgment on elevating legal issues/questions.
• Attention to detail.
For more information about this position, or to submit your resume via e-mail, please contact
To apply for this job email your details to APCIAJobs@apci.org