Website Burke, Burns & Pinelli, Ltd.
Burke, Burns & Pinelli, Ltd. Is a certified Women’s Business Enterprise law firm with offices at 70 West Madison Street, Suite 4300 Chicago, Illinois 60602.
The firm seeks a paralegal to assist its lawyers with the preparation of various litigation and real estate matters.
The Paralegal will assist attorneys by providing administrative duties, clerical and docketing support, including but not limited to e-filing of pleadings in the circuit, appellate and Supreme Court of Illinois bates-stamping and various duties associated with document production requests.
The Paralegal will assist attorneys by providing support in the following areas:
• Audit review of real estate, financial, corporate, and other documents to identify potential issues.
• Document analysis, and verification of deeds, title policy, survey, legal description, zoning, leases and extensions, modifications, insurance policies, licenses, and contracts.
Closing (to include pre- and post-closing)
• Closing services with lenders to include title searches, coordination, and preparation of all documentation for closings, disclosure statements for buyers and sellers, escrow documents, title documents, removal of title exceptions, closing checklists and attendance at closings.
• Serve as liaison to the title company for all closing matters.
• Responsible for preparing deeds, transfer declarations, bills of sale, entity organizational documents, and closing books.
• Maintenance and tracking of real estate files and closing checklists.
• Prepare corporate resolutions and review leases, titles, surveys, loan documents, closing checklists & other transaction documents.
• Assist with sophisticated transactions for public and privately held companies and entities, debt and equity financing transactions, corporate governance for both public bodies and closely held small and medium sized businesses, and other miscellaneous corporate work (securities filings, review of UCC and lien search reports, etc.)
• Preparation of minutes.
• Maintain and organize files.
• Schedule appointment calendars and conference calls.
• Excellent Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with an ability to meet deadlines.
• Strong research and analytical skills.
• Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
• Understanding of and experience with the preparation of documents for trial and utilized in a variety of real estate transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions, and financing.
• Prior experience in a title company, financial institution, or real estate law firm a plus.
Associate degree or certification in paralegal studies.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a paralegal (real estate preferred).
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Applicants interested in this position are asked to provide us with a cover letter, resume, and certifications by email to Maggie S. Koehler, Office Manager at email@example.com
This position will remain open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org