Carolina Academic Press
Salary range: Based on experience
About the role:
Carolina Academic Press (CAP) seeks a sales representative to join its growing law school sales team. This representative would work from a home office, based in the Chicago area, and will have personal responsibility for a territory that includes approximately 45 law schools. The primary responsibility of this position is to increase sales of CAP casebooks, textbooks, study aids, and courseware via campus visits, virtual meetings, and email campaigns. The rep will have one on one contact with professors, deans, and other key decisionmakers. In addition to sales responsibilities, the sales representative is expected to identify potential new book projects and to report this information to acquisitions editors. The sales representative is also expected to maintain the database and submit reports as needed.
Who We Are
Headquartered in Durham, NC, Carolina Academic Press (CAP) is an academic publisher of books and software. Since entering the legal education market in the late 1970s, Carolina Academic Press has become a major publisher of law school textbooks. It is known for its innovative products and its responsiveness to authors and customers. In 2011, CAP released its first software product, Core Grammar for Lawyers, which has been used by more than half of the law schools in the United States. CAP is dedicated to combining the highest quality content and professor support along with digital tools that support and build student learning.
We are seeking a candidate who is passionate about higher education, the legal community and who enjoys a team environment.
Attributes of the successful candidate:
- A self-starter who can work both independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; professional demeanor.
- Skilled in territory and time management.
- An active listener able to clearly differentiate CAP and competing products, matching CAP products to individual professor needs.
- Someone who is comfortable knocking on closed doors, resourceful, and able to use a variety of techniques to engage customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- Legal background preferred.
- Experience selling in higher education markets preferred.
- Some travel required.
Carolina Academic Press / CAPLAW Online
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com