Website Chapman and Cutler LLP
The Chicago office of Chapman and Cutler LLP is seeking an experienced transactional paralegal to join its finance-focused practice in the Commercial Lending group. The Firm seeks a bright, hard-working candidate with strong communication skills, excellent attention to detail, and at least 4-5 years of prior transactional paralegal/paraprofessional experience in a law firm or legal department setting. The successful candidate must be able to interact with co-workers and clients in a professional, approachable manner, be independent, motivated and embrace ownership of day-to-day responsibilities. The position requires an in-office presence but includes flexibility for some remote work.
The work will include the following tasks among other responsibilities:
· Communicating with attorneys, clients and other relevant parties on active matters as necessary to resolve issues and keep projects on track.
· Drafting loan and ancillary documents.
· Conducting due diligence review for transactional closings, including reviewing organizational documents, good standings and lien searches.
· Managing the timely and accurate organization and maintenance of electronic files.
· Coordinating the closing of transactions.
The ideal candidate will work closely with attorneys in the Commercial Lending group and have opportunities for direct contact with partners and clients. He or she will be responsible for managing the procedures and requirements for each of the client lenders and must be able to effectively work on multiple deals for various attorneys. Commitment to client service and comfort with asking questions but also acting as a self-starter are critical, as is the ability to handle fast-paced transactions and juggle attorney and client demands. Successful candidates will project professional presence and demonstrate flexibility in work situations.
· Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills required.
· Attention to detail and timelines. Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
· Ability to understand and utilize computer equipment, software and search tools in order to locate information, set up database and spreadsheets and work with form documents and other applications.
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
· Work may require more than 35 hours per week to perform the duties of the position; may require irregular hours.
· Basic working knowledge of Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code.
Committed to following all Firm security protocols and maintaining information security.
Chapman and Cutler LLP has established COVID-19 workplace guidelines, including a requirement that all personnel be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to work in or visit Chapman and Cutler LLP offices or attend events sponsored by Chapman and Cutler LLP at other locations.
All applicants will be considered; however, the hiring decision will be made based on qualifications for the position.
Chapman and Cutler LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.
To apply for this job please visit chapmanselfapply.viglobalcloud.com.