Website Chapman and Cutler LLP
The Chicago office of Chapman and Cutler LLP is seeking an experienced finance paralegal to join its fast-paced, finance-focused practice working with the Corporate Finance Practice group. The Firm seeks a bright, hard-working candidate with strong communication skills, excellent attention to detail, and at least 4-5 years of prior transactional paralegal/paraprofessional experience in a law firm. The successful candidate must be able to interact with co-workers and clients in a professional, approachable manner, be independent, motivated and embrace ownership of day-to-day responsibilities.
The work will include the following tasks among other responsibilities:
- Providing direct support for financial transaction closings by
- Drafting and maintaining a closing checklist
- Ordering and reviewing corporate records and searches and summarizing findings for review by attorneys
- Distributing, receiving, reviewing and inventorying drafts of transaction documents and other due diligence materials
- Drafting basic closing documents such as resolutions, closing certificates, etc.
- Research in document management systems and online to find precedent documents, reports, legal memos, legislative materials, etc.
- Set up, organize and maintain materials in online data rooms and databases
- Effectively communicate findings to and follow instructions from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff and provide information in person or by phone with courtesy and tact
- Establish positive working relationships with coworkers; show initiative in seeking additional tasks to maintain steady workload
- Prepares and assists with documentation for closing and post-closing requirements
- Communicates with attorneys, clients, and other relevant parties on active matters as necessary to resolve issues and keep projects on track
The ideal candidate will have excellent document production skills (typing, spelling, grammar and punctuation) and time management skills, as well as strong interpersonal, analytical, research and writing skills. The ability to project professional presence and demonstrate flexibility in work assignments is essential. Prior banking or real estate experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to use Word, Excel, document management and redlining applications and time keeping programs
- Commitment to client service and the ability to work independently are critical, as is the ability to handle fast-paced transactions while juggling requests from multiple sources
- Attention to detail and timelines; ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints
- Capacity to effectively manage details and time sensitive assignments
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills required in order to communicate and follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff
- Ability to understand and utilize computer equipment, software and search tools in order to locate information, set up databases and spreadsheets and work with form documents and other applications
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Committed to following all Firm security protocols and maintaining information security
Please submit a cover letter and resume. All applicants will be considered; however, the hiring decision will be made based on qualifications for the position.
Chapman and Cutler LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.
To apply for this job please visit chapmanselfapply.viglobalcloud.com.