Website Chapman and Cutler LLP
The Chicago office of Chapman and Cutler LLP is seeking a paralegal to join its Investment Management practice in our Corporate and Securities Department. The Firm seeks a bright, hard-working candidate with strong communications skills and excellent attention to detail. Qualified candidates with at least three years of investment services related paralegal experience who are comfortable billing at least 1,500 hours per year will be considered.
The successful candidate will work closely with attorneys in the Investment Management group and have opportunities for direct contact with partners and clients. They must be able to effectively work on multiple projects for various attorneys in a fast-paced setting.
The responsibilities of the Investment Management Paralegal will include:
Assist with all aspects of the Investment Management group including aspects of registered fund formation and ongoing SEC filing obligations for 40 Act registered funds
The ideal candidate will have excellent document production skills (typing, spelling, grammar and punctuation) as well as strong interpersonal, analytical, research and writing skills. The ability to project professional presence, demonstrate flexibility in work assignments and accept constructive feedback is essential.
- Working knowledge of securities laws and regulations (1940 Act) required
- Experience with SEC filings for mutual funds and exchange-traded funds required
- Knowledge of business and legal practices at a level normally acquired through a Bachelor’s degree, formal paralegal training, or equivalent job experience
- Attention to detail and timelines; ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints
- Capacity to effectively manage details and time sensitive assignments
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills required in order to communicate and follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff
- Ability to understand and utilize computer equipment, software and search tools in order to locate information, set up databases and spreadsheets and work with form documents and other applications
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Work may require more than 35 hours per week to perform the duties of the position; may require irregular hours
Chapman and Cutler LLP has established COVID-19 workplace guidelines, including a requirement that all personnel be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 to work in or visit Chapman and Cutler LLP offices or attend events sponsored by Chapman and Cutler LLP at other locations.
All applicants will be considered; however, the hiring decision will be made based on qualifications for the position.
Chapman and Cutler LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V/SO.
To apply for this job please visit chapmanselfapply.viglobalcloud.com.