Website Children's Legal Center
The Children’s Legal Center (CLC) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing free immigration legal services to children and their families who have experienced victimization. CLC has well-established partnerships with domestic violence service centers and directly represents clients in removal proceedings before the Immigration Court. CLC has an immediate opening for a full-time licensed attorney.
CLC is seeking a paralegal to join its team devoted to representing unaccompanied minor children. The individual will provide Know Your Rights presentations and complete individual screenings for immigration eligibility to minor children in temporary foster care. The paralegal will collaborate with other attorneys, staff at the shelter, foster families, mental health professionals and interns to provide holistic services to children and ensure that the children’s rights are not violated.
- Demonstrated past interest in immigration law
- Passion for working with children and families
- Exceptional organizational skills, strong sense of personal initiative, and ability to multi-task
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to be a flexible team player, enthusiasm and high energy for the work
- Ability to comfortably and appropriately maintain and navigate relationships with governmental agencies, nonprofit providers and other stakeholders
- Fluency in Spanish is required
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position. The salary range starts at $55,000.00 – $60,000.00 depending on experience.
To apply, please send a detailed cover letter, resume and list of professional references to Laura.Hoover@ChildrensLegalCenterChicago.org.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
CLC is an equal opportunity employer and recognizes the importance of diversity in the workplace; individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to Laura.Hoover@ChildrensLegalCenterChicago.org