Our small but busy commercial litigation and bankruptcy firm is seeking a highly motivated person to join our team as a full-time legal clerk.
The legal clerk position is involved in much of the day-to-day operations of our firm. The employee will work directly with attorneys and other support staff. The position will provide the employee with an excellent opportunity to learn and experience the ins and outs of a litigation and bankruptcy practice.
The employee will be able to primarily work from home and the position has the potential for flexible hours.
The ideal candidate will:
· have a strong work ethic
· be able to think quickly and independently
· take initiative
· be highly organized
· have the ability to effectively prioritize assignments
· thrive in busy conditions
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
· Filing documents at state and federal courts and other governmental offices
· Drafting routine legal documents
· Researching records through various courts, other governmental offices, and public records
· Maintaining electronic case files and calendars
· Mailing documents (sometimes on a large scale)
· Corresponding with attorneys, clients, and vendors
Technical: Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required. Knowledge of electronic filing in courts is a plus, but not required. Knowledge of legal and document management software such as Lexis, NetDocuments, or PracticeMaster, is a plus, but not required.
Experience: Experience in the legal field is a plus but not mandatory.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience.
Please submit your resume, a brief cover letter, and salary requirements to Samuel Rodgers email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org