Paralegal (Employment and Labor)
Date: Sep 16, 2022
Location: LAKE FOREST, IL, US, 60045-5201
Company: Grainger Businesses
Grainger is a leading broad line distributor with operations primarily in North America, Japan and the United Kingdom. We achieve our purpose, We Keep the World Working®, by serving more than 4.5 million customers with a wide range of products that keep their operations running and their people safe. Grainger also delivers services and solutions, such as technical support and inventory management, to save customers time and money.
We’re looking for passionate people who can move our company forward. As one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For, we have a welcoming workplace where you can build a career for yourself while fulfilling our purpose to keep the world working. We embrace new ways of thinking and recognize everyone is an individual. Find your way with Grainger today.
Primarily assists in supporting the Employment and Labor Law function in furtherance of a wide array of employment, labor, human resource, and benefit issues, projects and related assignments. Additionally, this position will support other areas within the Legal function as needed.
- Assist in maintaining and overseeing multiple databases and other forms of retained information involving a wide array of employment-related matters, employment litigation and threatened litigation, including working with internal and external business partners and service providers to keep topical issue / matter management databases up to date. Create, develop and maintain data reports to analyze employment and labor related matters.
- Assist in the collection and organization of information in furtherance of fact-finding activities, support of investigative allegations and charges involving various types of employment related claims.
- Assist in-house and outside counsel in management of federal and state pre-trial and court proceedings.
- Prepare legal documents for review, approval, and use by attorneys, as requested.
- Analyze data and written reports as requested.
- Perform research and information gathering relative to employment related topics.
- Organize, maintain and update department files.
- Understand and follow company records management policies and procedures.
- Assist in scheduling, identifying, collecting and analyzing company documents in response to discovery requests; and assisting with hold management and electronic / ediscovery.
- Assists in preparing responses to government agency inquiries (DOL, EEOC, etc.) as well as private litigant subpoenas.
- Maintain current knowledge of developments, legislation, rules and regulations in EEO law and agency regulatory guidelines as well as recent EEO-related court decisions.
- Collaborate with Company personnel and outside counsel staff to prepare and finalize written discovery documents.
- Provide administrative assistance as needed to include: entering data base related billing and invoice information, answering phone, taking accurate message, scheduling meetings, drafting letters, scanning, copying, booking travel and creating expenses reports and other projects as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Paralegal Certification.
- 1+ years of relevant experience in a corporate law department or law firm.
- Uncompromising use of discretion and commitment to confidentiality.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and effectively collaborate with all Legal Department team members and other areas of the business as well.
- Must be proactive and accountable.
- Ability to streamline processes.
- Excellent research and analytical skills, and attention to detail.
- Understanding of current employment and human resource related laws and developments.
- Proficient in MS Office, MS Word, Excel, eDiscovery techniques, and eBilling and matter management software
- Must possess the ability to acquire an in-depth understanding of the Company’s current and former business operations and organizational structure.
Rewards and Benefits:
With benefits starting day one, Grainger is committed to your safety, health and wellbeing. Our programs provide choice and flexibility to meet our team members’ individual needs. Check out some of the rewards available to you at Grainger
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage starts day one
- Paid time off (PTO) days and 6 company holidays per year
- 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period
- Employee discounts, parental leave, and more
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Students currently working towards a Paralegal Certificate will be considered depending on their other work experience.
Apply here: https://bit.ly/3Pm0jmo
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.