Website Hanley, Flight & Zimmerman
Hanley, Flight & Zimmerman, an Intellectual Property Law firm located in downtown Chicago, is seeking a full-time legal assistant to join its administrative support staff.
· preparing and filing documents with the United States Patent and Trademark Office preferred
· communicating with clients and foreign attorneys
· maintaining physical and digital files
· managing attorney dockets
The assistant will typically work with one to three patent practitioners. Very little overtime is required.
· a 4-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (preferred).
· 1+ years of work experience in a law office environment, it does not have to be in Intellectual Property (preferred).
· Paralegal certification preferred, but not required.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with team members as well as clients.
· The ability to be well organized and timely manage multiple tasks.
· The ability to meet strict guidelines and work under pressure.
· Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat required.
This is an entry-level position and we do provide extensive on-the-job training.
HFZ is a two-decade old patent firm that specializes in delivering top quality patent prosecution and counseling services to numerous Fortune 500 companies and global technology leaders. With our team of excellent patent attorneys and dedicated professional staff, we deliver exceptional patent prosecution and portfolio management services to our diverse clientele. We thrive in an inclusive environment that provides ongoing mentorship for the career development of our team members. We offer a dynamic team focused work environment, excellent work/life balance, an Open Door Policy allowing easy access to Senior Attorneys and Managing Partners and a competitive benefits package.
· Health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance available.
· 401K plan.
· Remote work available.
Please apply by submitting your resume and academic transcripts along with a cover letter.
Entry Level Legal Assistant Patent Prosecution
ATTN: Bill O’Connor, Recruitment Manager
Patent Prosecution Legal Assistant position
Salary $40,000 +
Hanley, Flight & Zimmerman, LLC is committed to diversity as a core value of the firm. We continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. A diverse and inclusive workforce enriches our work experience and enhances the value of our legal services. HFZ is an Equal Opportunity/ M/F/Vet/Disabled Employer.
To apply for this job please visit hfzlaw.com.