Website Hanley, Flight & Zimmerman
Experienced Patent Prosecution Legal Assistant
Hanley, Flight & Zimmerman, LLC (HFZ), a boutique patent law firm with its main office in Chicago, is looking to expand its team with talented and experienced legal assistant or paralegal professionals with 5+ years of experience and a demonstrated ability to work independently within a team- oriented environment.
HFZ’s patent legal assistants and paralegals are responsible for:
- supporting the preparation, filing, and prosecution of U.S. and foreign patents.
- the successful candidate must be able to work on his/her own initiative under limited supervision and must be comfortable handling administrative aspects of U.S. patent prosecution
- monitoring and assisting practitioners in meeting docketed filing deadlines
- managing electronic files, and handling client correspondence.
Legal Assistants typically work with 1-3 patent practitioners. HFZ has a liberal remote work policy permitting the successful candidate to choose to work in the office, remotely or a combination of remote and physical work attendance.
Experience & Skills Required
- Must have 5 + years of patent prosecution experience working within a law firm under the supervision of patent attorneys.
- Experience with EFS / PAIR.
- Proficiency in Word, Outlook, Excel, and Acrobat.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently and cooperatively.
Please apply by submitting your resume and academic transcripts along with a cover letter to: https://hfzlaw.com/recruit
(Experienced Patent Prosecution Legal Assistant position)
ATTN: Bill O’Connor Recruitment Manager.
Salary & Benefits
- $60,000 + salary
- Health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance available.
- 401K plan.
- Remote work available.
ABOUT THE FIRM
HFZ is a two-decade old patent firm that specializes in delivering top quality patent prosecution and counseling services to numerous Fortune 500 companies and global technology leaders. With our team of excellent patent attorneys and dedicated professional staff, we deliver exceptional patent prosecution and portfolio management services to our diverse clientele. We thrive in an inclusive environment that provides ongoing mentorship for the career development of our team members. We offer a dynamic team focused work environment, excellent work/life balance, an Open Door Policy allowing easy access to Senior Attorneys and Managing Partners and a competitive benefits package.
To apply for this job please visit hfzlaw.com.