Website HUB International Limited
About HUB International:
HUB International Limited (“HUB”) is a global insurance brokerage providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. Ranked 5th among the world’s largest insurance brokers, the company has over 14,000 employees in more than 550 offices throughout North America. The company is headquartered in Chicago and is currently owned by a group of investors led by lead investor Hellman & Friedman.
About the Position:
This is a unique opportunity for a paralegal to be part of a growing and dynamic legal team and to perform critical work, including by helping to administer the equity of HUB’s ultimate parent company. The ideal candidate for this position will have experience with database and equity administration, excellent communication and technical skills, thrive in a team environment, and work independently with initiative and drive.
The Senior Corporate Paralegal (“Paralegal”) will support in-house attorneys, principally working on equity administration matters with responsibility for the day-to-day activities in administering the company’s equity program, including document-generation, recordkeeping and reconciliation, and ensuring the accuracy and integrity of all equity data in the record tracking systems. The Paralegal will also provide support in other subject matter areas, including corporate matters and other ad hoc projects.
· Prepare subscription and other equity-issuance agreements, and timely and accurately process new equity issuances and other equity transactions, such as redemptions and transfers.
· Maintain organizational equity database.
· Respond to equity inquires and coordinate with internal teams and vendors, as appropriate, to resolve issues.
· Prepare and reconcile monthly, quarterly and custom reports on equity activity.
· Draft, review and arrange agreements and other documents in connection with various transactions and projects. Otherwise support varied business and financial transactions.
· Coordinate with internal and external parties to ensure timely completion of important items.
· Work with individuals at all levels in the company, from administrative staff to executives.
· Bachelor’s degree and paralegal certification required.
· Experience managing equity on an online platform, generally, and Shareworks, specifically, preferred.
· Experience with database management software.
· Demonstrated proficiency with Excel (e.g., data entry, importing data, arithmetic formulas, nested if statements, index matching functions).
· Attention to detail and an ability to organize and multitask a must.
· A minimum of 7 years’ experience as a paralegal in a corporate or law firm setting.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and drafting skills.
· Experience preparing and distributing employee communications a plus.
· Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office products.
· Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing company.
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively across varied organizational functions.
Interested applicants send your resume to the attention of Bob Sajdak at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org