Website Insight Hospital and Medical Center Chicago
The Corporate Paralegal position supports attorneys in the Office of the General Counsel ( “OGC“). All tasks are performed under the supervision and direction of OGC attorneys.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assist attorneys with general corporate, real estate, or transactional legal work, including research due diligence, preparation of both pre- and post-closing documents and books, and drafting transactional agreements such as non-disclosure agreements, letters of intent, leases, deeds, assignments, etc.
• Assist in the formation of legal entities (corporations, limited liability companies, etc.), including the drafting of entity formation documents, by-laws, operating agreements and resolutions.
• Manage, organize, and track business entities • Categorize, index, and simplify large amounts of data and place into succinct, understandable formats as needed.
• File annual reports and monitor state requirements.
• Assist in complying with various regulatory obligations, filing including obligations with the Department of Insurance and Financial Services.
• Assist in maintaining and updating corporate organizational charts.
• Provide project management support.
• Communicate within client and its subsidiaries, state and federal agencies, legislative/government staffs, the client, and other client licensees.
• Assist attorneys in preparing for presentations.
• Maintain and assemble various databases.
• Manage relationships with internal clients.
• Assist in data and matter management within OGC and generate reports as requested.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree and completion of an ABA-certified legal assistant program.
• Minimum of two years of significant paralegal experience in a law firm or corporate legal environment.
• Must be able to work independently while functioning well in a team environment.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and LEXIS-NEXIS.
• Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills • Must provide a writing sample.
• Prefer to have experience with due diligence, preparation of pre- and post-closing documents, and non-disclosure agreements and legal research.
• Prefer have experience with general corporate, real estate, or transactional legal work.
• Task oriented with excellent sense of prioritization, highly organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure.
• Ability to handle conflicting time demands and focus on task completions, while critically analyzing issues, with little direction or need for supervisory follow-up.
• Ability to handle highly confidential information, including protected health information, discreetly and professionally.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com