Website Kapitan Gomaa Law, P.C.
Kapitan Gomaa Law, P.C. is seeking a part time paralegal to regularly support attorneys in its employment law practice. KGL’s practice focuses on general employment litigation, academic employment law matters, employment consulting (to employees and small businesses), and employment/severance contract negotiations. A large part of our practice is devoted to assisting employees through unlawful discrimination and retaliation concerns and unlawful terminations.
KGL seeks to employ a paralegal who can commit between 10 to 20 hours per week. Paralegal will be expected to perform traditional paralegal duties, including but not limited to:
- conduct initial intakes with potential clients and identifying legal issues with attorney support;
- create, manage, maintain client files and billing files;
- conduct general administrative and organizational tasks such as drafting closing letters, organizing firm files, generating and labeling exhibits;
- document review on current cases;
- assist with client billing, invoicing, and in updating firm calendar;
- preparing and drafting routine court/legal documents;
- conducting basic research;
- using state and federal online filing systems to file complaints, motions, and other documents;
- serving filed legal documents on defendants and third parties as needed;
- answering calls, returning voicemails;
- Must have at least five years of experience in a law firm, preferably with exposure to employment law;
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills;
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to prioritize work based on strict deadlines;
- Ability to multitask, work independently, and in a team;
- Strong computer skills, including Adobe, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Excel;
- Familiarity with IL state/federal online filing systems;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including sensitivity to legal issues affecting individuals of diverse backgrounds;
- Preferably demonstrated commitment to social justice.
To apply, please send your resumes and cover letters to Yusra Gomaa, firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “ Paralegal Application.”
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com