Website Kempster, Corcoran, Quiceno & Lenz-Calvo, Ltd.
Kempster, Corcoran, Quiceno & Lenz-Calvo, Ltd. (KCQLC) is seeking a full-time litigation/corporate paralegal to assist 2-4 attorneys with a broad range of cases including: domestic relations, probate, real estate, corporate and other civil matters.
Some litigation experience or experience in a legal environment is preferred, but not required, as extensive training will be provided. However, strong candidates will have some administrative experience and will already be comfortable using Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint and Adobe products.
Duties may include any/all of the following:
• Drafting pleadings, motions and orders
• Preparing discovery requests and responses
• E-filing into state and federal court
• Calendaring court dates
• Corresponding with clients and opposing counsel
• Drafting articles of incorporation/organization and operating agreements
• Ordering title reports and surveys for real estate purchase/sale agreements
• Preparing real estate closing figures and documents
Please note: KCQLC is a boutique immigration law firm. At times, the litigation/corporate paralegal may be asked to assist with immigration cases (ex: citizenship, adjustment of status, green card renewals). This position is perfect for someone who would rather be a jack of all trades than a master of one.
Successful candidates will have:
• Strong attention to detail
• Organizational and time-management skills
• Effective writing skills
• Legal education, experience or interest
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
Salary Range: $40-55K dependent on experience
• BCBS PPO- 90% of premium paid by employer
• Life & AD&D Insurance
• Paid Vacation/Personal Time/Sick Days
• 401K with employer match
COVID-19 Precautions: Remote interview process. Work will be entirely in-office (not remote) unless city or state mandates require remote work. Personal protective equipment in-office provided or required. Virtual meetings.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter (including a description of past administrative/office/legal experience) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com