Miller Shakman Levine & Feldman LLC
Miller Shakman Levine & Feldman LLP
Boutique Loop litigation firm seeks experienced litigation paralegal.
The Chicago boutique litigation firm Miller Shakman Levine & Feldman LLP seeks a fulltime paralegal to support its litigation practices, including commercial litigation, representation of law firms and lawyers, governmental disputes and civil rights, health care litigation, and complex family law litigation. The paralegal’s duties will include cite checking briefs for filing in federal and state court; organizing and tracking client documents; managing document review databases; assisting with document review and production; maintaining docketing system; and assisting in all stages of preparation for depositions, hearings, trials, mediations, and arbitrations.
Successful candidates must have a minimum of seven years of experience as a litigation paralegal; effective project management and organizational skills; effective communication skills;
ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities; flexibility in handling work assignments; and strong attention to detail.
The firm has implemented a hybrid work schedule for all paralegal positions and anticipates maintaining a hybrid schedule for the foreseeable future, depending on the needs of the firm. The firm offers a competitive salary and benefits package, and a collegial and collaborative work environment.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent four-year degree
- ABA-approved paralegal training certification or equivalent experience
- Minimum of seven years of experience as a litigation paralegal
Preferred knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Advanced proficiency with legal database and discovery software such as Relativity and overseeing document reviews (including setup, preparation of privilege logs, searches)
- Advanced proficiency with the Blue Book system of citation and experience cite checking, using electronic research platforms such as Westlaw, proof reading, and preparing court filings
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, including Excel
- Advanced proficiency with Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with document management systems such as Net Documents
- Experience with Juralaw docketing software
Application Process: Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Paralegal Position.” Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
DISCLAIMER: Miller Shakeman Levine & Feldman’s job postings and recruiting information are for candidates only. We will not consider resumes submitted by external agencies or recruiters for this position. No third party may become entitled to compensation for assisting Miller Shakman Levine & Feldman LLP in recruiting for this position unless, prior to the posting of this position, such party has entered into a recruiting agreement with Miller Shakman Levine & Feldman applicable to this position expressly providing for such a fee.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org