Website O'Connor Law Firm, LTD.
O’Connor Law Firm is a leading plaintiff’s personal injury and civil trial practice law firm located in downtown Chicago. We dedicate our practice to representing individuals and their families in personal injury and wrongful death claims arising out of construction negligence and accidents, motor vehicle negligence, medical malpractice and negligence, nursing home negligence, railroad negligence, aviation negligence, product liability, and premises liability. Our practice is further committed to representing victims of police misconduct, including police brutality, failure to provide medical care and false arrest.
O’Connor Law Firm’s success stems from its dedicated team of experienced and innovative attorneys and devoted and knowledgeable legal support staff. We believe that those who suffer serious injuries due to the wrongful conduct of others deserve full compensation. It is that belief that drives us to provide our clients with zealous and ethical legal representation in order to achieve them justice through the American legal system. As a result, our highly qualified legal team has achieved numerous million and multi-million dollar settlements and verdicts on behalf of our clients.
Paralegal Job Responsibilities:
· Assisting with the preparation, e-filing, and service of pleadings;
· Acting as liaison with clients for scheduling and sharing information;
· Organizing and managing documents, including the creation of case management spreadsheets and retrieval systems;
· Coordinating the collection, review and production of documents and responding to discovery requests;
· Assisting with trial preparation including the assembly of exhibits, witness binders and appendices for depositions and court filings;
· Summarizing deposition and trial transcripts and exhibits;
· Researching case-related factual issues and preparing documents for process of service;
· Preparing briefs, discovery, pleadings, and other legal documents;
· Organizing and maintaining documents in a paper or electronic filing;
· Meeting and talking with clients related to written discovery and providing clients with case updates; and/or;
· Working with attorneys on client intake meetings and opening and closing out files.
Work Hours and Benefits:
The hours are Monday – Friday, more specifics upon interview. Occasionally longer hours are needed when we are on trial. Benefits include health insurance, 2 weeks of paid vacation and a 401K plan.
Paralegal Qualifications and Skills:
· Excellent organization skills;
· Attention to detail;
· Legal research and investigation skills;
· Ability to follow direction and procedures;
· Strong written and oral communication skills;
· Excellent skills multitasking;
· Ability to prioritize workload and assignments; and;
· Spanish speaking preferred but not required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
· Bachelor’s Degree and/or Paralegal certificate from an ABA accredited program preferred, and/or a combination of education and/or experience;
· 1-3 years of significant and substantive litigation experience as a paralegal/legal assistant in a law firm setting;
· Experience drafting, editing, and filing discovery documents;
· Experience managing document production;
· Experience e-filing court documents;
· Proficiency with Document Review Software;
· Working knowledge and competency with case management software; and
· Proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software.
At O’Connor Law Firm, Ltd. our clients trust us with extremely important aspects of their lives. We are looking for a paralegal who will personal pride in their work and who is self-motivated and excellent with multitasking and prioritizing their workload and assignments. O’Connor Law Firm, Ltd. is a team environment and we are looking for someone who works well with others and is a team player. Please contact us if you are feel you are a good candidate for this job.
Our Company’s contact information is as follows:
O’Connor Law Firm, Ltd.
19 S. LaSalle Street, Suite 1400
Chicago, Illinois 60603
Phone: (312) 906-7607
Fax: (312) 263-1913
Firm Email: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org