TRUST & ESTATES LEGAL ASSISTANT/PARALEGAL
SATC|Law is a Chicago based law firm consisting of smart, hard-working professionals dedicated to making a difference for our clients. For over thirty years, we have partnered with our clients in navigating them through their commercial real estate, business, trust and estates and litigation matters. We strongly believe in providing all our employees with opportunities for growth and development.
We are looking for an experienced trust and estates legal assistant/paralegal to join our team. In this role, the successful candidate will work with attorneys, other professionals and clients on various estate planning, succession planning, charitable planning, wealth transfer planning, fiduciary responsibility, and trust and estate administration matters.
· Full-time position:
o 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (37.5 hours weekly).
o One hour lunch break.
· Daily tasks may include:
o Drafting, compiling and/or filing documents, forms and pleadings;
o Proofreading documents for spelling, grammatical and/or formatting errors;
o Indexing and docketing court documents;
o Researching facts, laws and public records;
o Communicating with attorneys, other professionals and clients;
o Preparing accounting and financial statements and communicating with financial institutions regarding client accounts;
o Filing and obtaining records with the courts and government offices (minimal travel may be required); and,
o Assisting other departments as needed.
· Substantive experience working on estate planning, succession planning, charitable planning, and wealth transfer planning matters and experience with assisting fiduciaries in probate administration matters and counseling trustees on trust administration and fiduciary responsibilities.
· Excellent organizational, proofreading, and written and oral communication skills, both internally amongst colleagues and externally with clients/counsel.
· The ability to work independently and as a team member as appropriate.
· Strong typing and computer skills, with a focus on detail and accuracy.
· Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite and Adobe (experience with ProCirrus and Worldox is a plus).
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
· Competitive Salary ranging from $47k-$70k/year (based upon experience).
· 401(k) with a 4% employer match.
· Allowance for continuing education and professional development.
· Hybrid in-office/remote (3/2) work schedule (after applicable training period).
· Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance with employer contributions to health savings account.
· Aflac supplemental insurance benefits.
· Long-term disability insurance.
· Due to the health concerns related to the global pandemic and for the health and well-being of our employees and visitors, we ask all employees to be fully vaccinated and to follow the CDC guidelines.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
SATC|Law is dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Please email Karen Small at email@example.com for more information or to submit your résumé. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org