Website Sheppard Mullin
The team is headed by Katie Gillespie and I’ve attached a brief bio on her below. My Friend states the entire team is smart, caring and genuinely love working together. Salary up to $125k. Remote for the remainder of 2021.
Katherine (Katie) Gillespie is a partner in the Real Estate, Land Use and Environmental Practice Group in the firm’s Chicago office and Leader of the Energy, Infrastructure and Project Finance Team.
Areas of Practice
Katie focuses her practice on the representation of sponsors and financing parties in connection with the development, acquisition and financing of renewable energy projects. With more than 20 years of experience, Katie has led numerous transactions involving wind, solar and other renewable energy assets. These transactions have involved all forms of financing structures, including project level debt transaction, back-leverage financings, tax equity partnership flip transactions and lease financings, as well as M&A transactions at all stages of development and operation of projects.
Managing corporate services providers
Running/reviewing lien searches
Reviewing/drafting UCC filings
Ordering good standings
Preparing closing checklists (sometimes but not always)
Drafting/reviewing secretary’s certificates, resolutions, and other corporate deliverables
Drafting incorporation/formation documents
Drafting FIRPTA certificates
Proficiency in electronic document management
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Paralegal in a major law firm and/or legal department.
• A highly motivated self-starter with excellent writing, analytical, technical, organizational and administrative skills.
• Able to handle multiple projects and changing priorities and work independently, as well as part of a team.
• Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, determine priorities, plan, organize and follow through with minimal supervision.
• Familiar with other legal practice areas, including litigation and basic knowledge of state and federal rules a plus.
Preferred Qualifications: Additional qualifications include excellent analytical and organizational abilities, solid communication and management skills, strong computer abilities, creativity and initiative.
Required: Bachelor’s Degree
License and Certification
Required: ABA approved Paralegal Certificate
Required: Proficiency in Windows 10 and Microsoft, experience working with a document management system, proficient knowledge of Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat. Must have a high-level experience with a range of practice group support applications.
Send a Cover Letter and Resume to April Platis, email@example.com. Mention that you heard of the opening from this job board.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org