Website Taft Law
Taft is seeking a paralegal to support our Real Estate practice group in Taft’s Chicago and Minneapolis offices.
We are seeking a paralegal with 2+ years’ experience to support our Real Estate team in our Chicago and Minneapolis offices. All Taft employees operate under a “Client First” philosophy—in all things, we seek to provide exceptional services to our clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Draft basic real estate transaction documents, including commercial, residential, and estate conveyances.
- Draft written actions and prepare officer’s certificates.
- Obtain title commitments, surveys and other due diligence materials; perform review and analysis.
- Prepare and manage closing documents checklists.
- Coordinate delivery of closing documents to title company.
- Prepare closing books and coordinate post-closing matters.
- Obtain public records searches.
- Conduct on-line real estate research, including researching various state requirements for conveyances and transfer forms required by various states.
- Record various real estate documents, including e-recording.
- Prepare and file various corporate formations and qualifications; obtain entity certificates.
- Assist lawyers with various real estate questions, research, document preparation and recordings.
- Manage closing process for multi-unit, new construction condominium developments, including drafting and coordinating execution of conveyance documents, reviewing settlement statements, coordinating with title company and post-closing follow-up.
- Draft and manage closing checklists and providing assistance in all aspects of multi-site, multi-state transactions.
- 2+ years related experience.
- Paralegal degree/certificate, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and writing skills.
- Ability to adapt to workplace stressors and competing priorities.
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
Interested candidates should apply to Alycen Cummings, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com