Website Williams, Bax & Saltzman, P.C.
Williams, Bax & Saltzman, P.C., our 14-lawyer boutique firm with an emphasis on commercial litigation with offices in the Loop is seeking to hire a full time Legal Assistant with approximately 1-3+ years’ experience to join their team. This Legal Assistant will have a hybrid role of performing litigation assistance as well as general office administration. The firm promotes a healthy work-life balance and cooperative culture.
The key responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
· File pleadings (electronically or otherwise) with the appropriate court systems which include Circuit Court of Cook County, collar counties, federal, probate and appellate courts
· Maintain case calendar and monitor deadlines & docket court dates
· Prepare letters, memos, pleadings and other documentation and correspondence as required and manage hard copies of documents as well as electronic document system
· Providing general legal administrative support to firm attorneys which could involve assistance in preparing pleadings, preparing exhibit binders, and other client document production projects as assigned
· General administrative duties and assisting with phones, scanning, filing, contacts database, letter creation, mailing, monthly invoicing, data entry and other projects as assigned
The skills, abilities & requirements of this role include but are not limited to:
· Ability to exhibit problem-solving skills, demonstrate consistent initiative and accountability
· Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy, superior attention to detail and strong time management and organizational skills.
· Ability to facilitate clear and concise communication with others in a positive manner
· Ability to work with others effectively in a team that encourage diversity of thought and innovation
· Ability to maintain a professional demeanor, exhibit sound judgment, maintain confidentiality and use discretion
· Ability to thrive in a dynamic fast paced environment with fluidity amidst multiple projects, shifting priorities and competing deadlines
· Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred; Paralegal Certificate a plus
· Work experience within a law firm setting is preferred but not required
· Knowledge of and experience using MS Word, Adobe, Outlook & Excel required; MS SharePoint a plus
Interested candidates should sent their resumes to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org